You all know my full-blown obsession with everything buffalo, ranch, and bacon involved. Evidence here, here, and here. But what I love even more than that combination is adding sweet potatoes (or regular potatoes) to the mix! And since I’ve been obsessed with stuffing everything and anything in sweet potatoes lately, I figured I would finally give you guys a recipe that combines all your favorites too: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with broccoli & bacon!
Holy freaking moly, you guys. The tastebud explosion/gasm is REAL.
First off, you can make this extremely easily (aka the total cheater way) by making my Buffalo Chicken, Bacon & Ranch One-Pan Bake, simultaneously baking some sweet potatoes, and then just dumping said one-pan bake on those sweet potatoes and calling it a meal. I’d recommend adding some greens, but that’s just me.
You can also cook up some chicken and bacon from scratch, and roast some broccoli/potatoes at the same time, then drizzle with ranch and hot sauce. Boom done. Easy peasy.
OR, you can use whatever leftovers you have on hand in the fridge to totally switch it up. Grab some leftover easiest slow cooker chicken (or beef, or pulled pork) from the fridge, heat it up with some leftover roasted veggies (brussels sprouts, cauliflower or broccoli are amazing here), and top with some bacon, ranch, hot sauce, and red onions if you like. CRAP I should’ve put some scallions or chives in there too. Well, hindsight is 20/20, right?
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with broccoli & bacon, we comin’ for ya. I told you there would be more buffalo & ranch recipes coming in 2018 *winky face emoji*
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breast
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Diced red onion, for serving
- Paleo ranch dressing, for serving
- Buffalo sauce (or frank’s red hot), for serving
- Your favorite salad greens, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375. Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times, then stick them in the oven. They will take about 45 mins-1 hour to bake based on their size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the broccoli. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven when the sweet potatoes have about 25 minutes left.
- Once the broccoli is in the oven, prepare the chicken. Cut it into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron skillet, turn the heat on medium and add the bacon in a single layer.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, but not burnt - about 6-7 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool, then chop it into bacon bits.
- With the pan still hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Allow it to cook on both sides until it is cooked through and the middle of the chicken is no longer pink (this will be about 3-4 minutes a side). Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Check to see that the potatoes are cooked through and the broccoli is well roasted, but not burned. Assemble your potatoes! Start with some lettuce greens on the bottom, potato on top, then stuff it with your chicken, broccoli, and bacon. Top with some diced red onion, paleo ranch dressing, and hot sauce if you dare!
- Preheat the oven and stick the 4 sweet potatoes in to bake . While they’re baking, prepare and make this Buffalo Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Sheet Pan Bake.
- They should be done around the same time, then dump the one-pan bake into the sweet potatoes, and boom - done!
- use leftover baked sweet potatoes, and whatever leftover protein + veggies you have on hand. Stuff them in a sweet potato, serve on some salad greens, and gobble up!
You’ll love these recipes too!