You guys. This recipe. Flavor EXPLOSION. Seriously though. This Chili Cilantro Lime Chicken Sheet Pan Bake was inspired by my Chili Lime Chicken Wings (which, coincidentally, is one of my favorite recipes ever). I just couldn’t get enough of it, and I definitely don’t eat chicken wings enough, so I decided to make it into a one pan bake that I prooobably will have on repeat at my place for weeks to come. Fo sho.
But then I thought…sometimes, when you make one-pan bakes (especially when you make them with chicken breast), the chicken gets WAY overcooked and dry. Not my fave. SO. I figured I’d add a little fat to the marinade to retain the moisture of the chicken via my fave Primal Kitchen Foods Mayo (or you could totally make your own, but you know, convenience for the WIN).
Honestly, I didn’t think that Chili Lime marinade could’ve gotten any tastier…until I re-made the recipe with the mayo. Like WOAAAH there are no words. And the chicken? Moist and delicious. But the star of this recipe? The roasted broccoli in that marinade. Holy WOAH I would eat a whole pan of that broccoli with this Cilantro Lime sauce by itself. Seriously.
What makes it even better is if you drizzle some paleo Ranch Dressing on top. Ummm just saying, you know, if you like flavor explosions and stuff. And the mixture of just enough heat with a creamy dressing. You will LOVE this one.
I should probably stop gushing about this one and give you guys the recipe, huh? Yeah, thought so.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 head broccoli
- 1-1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro (you can keep most of the stems on)
- Juice of 1 lime (2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Paleo Ranch Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Chop the chicken, broccoli, and potatoes into bite-sized pieces, all around the same size. Combine them in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, make the marinade: combine all the ingredients (cilantro through cayenne pepper) in a food processor or blender and process until fully combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and veggies - toss until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Transfer the ingredients to a large baking pan. Pop it in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through, but the chicken is not overcooked.
- Serve warm with fresh tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and paleo ranch dressing!
Love sheet pan meals? You’ll love these too!