Are you ready for
some football this Creamy Cashew Ranch Dressing?? It’ super bowl / playoffs season, and that means (more) people are becoming obsessed and infatuated with all things ranch. Okay, let’s be honest…I don’t think there is a time of the year when we aren’t completely obsessed with ranch. But it definitely becomes more prominent around this time of year when people are craving all the things football / tailgate food related. When I discovered how to make my own dairy-free Paleo Ranch Dressing a couple years ago, it was GAME ON.
Cue all the ranch recipes.
Buffalo Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Skillet with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Chimichurri Chicken wings with Ranch
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Ranch
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Sweet Potato Ranch Dip with Bacon
Buffalo Chicken Sheet Pan Bake
I told you I was obsessed. There are about ten more. It’s fiiiine.
But then, I remembered the days of having to do the autoimmune protocol (aka no eggs, no nuts, no nightshade spices, what seemed like totally no fun at the time) and how sad I was that I couldn’t have my ranch. So I started experimenting with different ways to get my ranch fix without eggs, without nuts, but with maximum flavor. That’s how this Avocado Ranch Dip was born, and now, we have a Creamy Cashew Ranch Dressing that is egg-free, paleo, vegan, and WHOLE30 friendly. Yaaassszz qween gimme dat.
A couple notes about this recipe to get it to epically creamy dreamy delicious level. I highly recommend you use a high-powered blender like my fave new Blendtec, because otherwise it’ll be kind of grainy. And nobody wants a grainy dressing.
Make sure you use RAW, unsalted, not roasted cashews. Soak them for only about 2 hours or they’ll get water-logged.
You could totally use that creamy cashew base to make all kinds of other fun sauces. I’ll be experimenting with that soon! But for now…ranch. Recipe note: If you want this to be more like a dip, refrain from adding too much water. If you want a thinner consistency, add more water! Now, use your delicious new Creamy Cashew Ranch on all the things. Let’s do this!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- Water (for soaking)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp mustard (I like dijon or stone ground)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup packed chopped herbs - equal parts chives, cilantro, and dill (about 2 Tbsp chopped each)
- Place the cashews in a bowl and pour enough water over them to cover the nuts. Soak for about 2 hours, then strain out the water and rinse well.
- Transfer the cashews and coconut milk to your blender. Purée until they’re silky smooth! You may need to add up to ¼ cup water, to your desired consistency. (If you want to use this as a dip, use less water.)
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend.
- Get your ranch on!