Holy moly you guys. One of my dreams slash epic kitchen goals came true recently…I got a fancy a** blender. It does all the amazing things I thought it would – like make my coffees epically silky when I blend them, super smooth smoothies, and the most delicious soup I’ve ever tasted – and no joke, I’ve been eating it every single day for the past week.
But really though. Seriously in love with my new Blendtec (Designer 725 model). Umm it also cleans itself. And tells you exactly how long it’s going to blend for. AND I’m NOT terrified for my life to blend hot soups in it because the top is actually secure, unlike the last blender I have…let’s just say that didn’t end too well.
Did I mention it has a touch screen?? Insane. and fancy AF. I think my blender is fancier than my phone…I’m just waiting for the day when it realizes it has a mind of its own and takes off into space. Kidding. Kind of.
Soup is just so perfect for this time of year – it basically feels like a warm hug inside. Though I would definitely not recommend it for Olaf from Frozen, because he would probably melt. Even though he LOVES warm hugs. Just saying.
To turn this into a meal with more protein in it, I love serving this Cauliflower Soup with Truffle Salt & Pancetta with some chicken apple sausage or roasted garlic chicken sausage on top – try some of my favorite homemade version!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium white sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3+ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 + ½ tsp truffle salt (divided)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions
- Pancetta, cooked until crispy
- Turn on the SAUTE function and add the ghee and onions. STIR AND COOK UNTIL THE ONIONS START TO BECOME TRANSLUCENT.
- Add the minced garlic, cauliflower and sweet potatoes. Saute for an additional 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the coconut milk, scallions and pancetta) and pop the lid on your instant pot. Push the SOUP button, and let the cycle run through.
- Release the pressure, and once it’s ready, remove the top and transfer the ingredients in batches to your blender. Add the coconut milk, and blend on SOUP mode until creamy and delicious!
- Serve hot, with fresh chopped scallions and crispy pancetta. Devour.
- Dump everything except the coconut milk into your slow cooker and set it to cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When it’s done, transfer the ingredients in batches to your blender. Add the coconut milk - and blend on SOUP mode until creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper - then garnish with fresh chopped scallions and cooked, crispy pancetta!
If using a slow cooker, it takes about 5 minutes of prep, and 6 hours on LOW of cooking time (plus blending afterwards).
You’ll love these soups too!
This post is part of a collaboration with Blendtec – more delicious recipes coming soon!