Ohhhhh these blondies, you guys. Dirty blondies, to be exact. So what makes them “dirty”, since there are no chocolate chips, hershey bars, or the like to dirty them up like slutty brownies (or PMS brownies)? Well, according to my friend Monica, who created this recipe, the mixture of cashews and brown butter yields a light, or dirty blond color, rather than straight up blondies. But honestly? You won’t even remember what they’re called when you taste how freaking amazing and indulgent these babies are. They taste like salted caramel to me. Deeelicioussss.
Speaking of indulgent things, I just ordered myself another stitch fix! And I freaking love it. Do you know how freaking hard it is to fit clothes to my extremely disproportionate body? That’s what happens when you’re short and athletic/muscle-y. Crossfit and lifting problems. Woof. Finding jeans that fit both my butt and my waist? Impossible. The struggle is so real. But somehow, these geniuses figure it out every time, with super cute clothes I LOVE that I never seem to be able to find at the mall. AND I’m pretty sure of four fixes I’ve received, I’ve only sent back 1 or 2 things (from 5 things per shipment). Just sayin’ they’re pretty freaking awesome. And no, Stitch Fix doesn’t pay me to say this, they just freaking rock. And I like to help you guys out by recommending stuff I love, duh.
Ok but for real, THESE BLONDIES THOUGH. They’re stupid easy to make and also freaking delicious!!
I’ve talked about this before, but I am seriously a huge IDIOT when it comes to gluten-free baking and desserts. The struggle is real. I can follow a recipe, sure, but most of the time I do something wrong and it ends up failing! Which is sooo disappointing, when you’re expecting perfect gluten-free cream puffs and they turn out as…mush. Which is why it’s great to have friends who actually know how to bake and can teach you their ways, ha!
Well, what are you waiting for? Go make these!!
- ½ cup (90 g) cashew butter
- ¼ cup (60 g) brown butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (144 g) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96 g) homemade cashew flour
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan and line with parchment paper. Measure out the parchment paper to cover the width of the longest side of the pan (in this case, it’s even). Make sure it’s long enough to line the entire bottom of the pan, and have a few inches of overhang on either side. In general, when removing baked goods from the pan, use the overhanging parchment paper as handles to lift them straight up and out.
- To make cashew flour, pulse raw cashews in a food processor, a few seconds at a time, until they resemble a coarse flour. You don’t want any visible chunks of cashews. This should take about 1 minute. Combine the cashew flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- In the food processor or high-speed blender, mix the cashew butter, brown butter, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the cashew flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan. You can use an offset spatula to make this process easier. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in the pan completely for at least 30 minutes before lifting the blondies out of the pan and cutting into 12 or 16 squares.
From The Movement Menu.