I’ve been known to get a brunch burger (aka topped with a fried egg and bacon) preeetty much every time I go out to brunch. And sometimes at dinner too. One, because they’re amazingly delicious, and two, because pretty much everything else on brunch menus is a WMID (weapon of mass intestinal destruction) for someone with celiac. Lolz not trying to kill my insides at brunch, kthanks! and they’re super easy to make compliant for a Whole30 too. Just check these Loaded Whole30 Brunch Burgers out.
But seriously. The week of my birthday last month, I went out to lunch with some of my best friends, and got this insaaaane brunch burger on a gluten-free bun with an egg, pastrami, and a delicious aioli on top. It was literally so good, that when I went back to the SAME restaurant 4 days later…I got the same thing for dinner. Not sorry about it at all.
This is my recreation of that burger, but jacked up a little bit. Best part of making it at home? Being able to load it up with all your favorite toppings. Instead of french fries, we’re doing pan-fried, spiralized sweet potatoes. Because crispy shoestring potatoes are the BEST. Especially when they’re topping off a Whole30 Brunch Burger with an egg, bacon, and my favorite guacamole. DUH.
- Prepare the burgers: combine the ground chicken with 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning and form into 4 burger patties. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy, but not burned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan, but keep the heat on.
- Add the burgers to the bacon fat in the hot skillet. Cook for 4 minutes a side, until cooked through.
- Heat another skillet won medium-high with 1 Tbsp avocado oil for 2 minutes. Add the spiralized sweet potato and cook until crispy, turning about every 2-3 minutes.
- Once the burgers are cooked through, take them out of the skillet. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp avocado oil, then crack the 4 eggs in the skillet, keeping them separate. Fry to your desired doneness.
- Assemble the burgers: start with a bed of greens, then top with a burger, a dollop of guac, bacon, a fried egg, and the sweet potato spirals. Devour.
What would you top your brunch burger with??