If you follow me on instagram, you know these Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowls are my new full-blown obsession. No joke, I ate one every single day for two weeks straight. Since then I’ve calmed down a little bit (only because I ran out of smoked salmon, ha!) to maybe having them…3 times a week? Can’t stop won’t stop. They’re THAT good, you guys.
Did I mention they come together in 5 minutes? And only because it takes that long for my fried eggs to cook. If you scrambled those eggies up, this dish would be fridge to table in about…2 minutes? Please tell me again how you don’t have time for breakfast. I would MAKE time for this bowl. Not kidding at all, I totally ate this in the car out of a tupperware one time on my way to class. O0ps. Did I almost spill turmeric cauliflower rice over everything in my car and stain it forever? Yep. It was a close call. Would I still do it again because the bowl is so dang delicious? You better believe it.
I first made this recipe with my friend Courtney the morning we went to Expo East back in September. But Dana, why would you eat before you go somewhere that’s going to have delicious treats and snacks for you all day?! Because, my friends – I know if I only eat those delicious treats all day, I’m going to feel like sh*t. So I start the day off with a veggie and protein-packed breakfast, so I can pick and choose the treats that I think will be freaking amazing, and leave all the “meh, that was just okay” treats to the side.
The other awesome thing about these breakfast bowls is: like my Everything But the Kitchen Sink Cauliflower Rice, you can choose your own delicious adventure by throwing in YOUR favorite ingredients, and whatever you have leftover in the fridge.
Don’t like cauliflower rice? Throw in some of my Nutty Green Parsnip Rice in there instead. Sub out whatever leftover roasted/cooked veggies you have on hand for the shredded brussels sprouts I have in these pictures. Needing a little boost after a morning workout? Throw in some roasted sweet potatoes or cinnamon roasted delicata squash and sautéed kale. Oh, you were super prepared this week and made some of my One-Pan Bakes with Sweet Potatoes, Veggies and Bacon? Throw those in! Any of these will taste deeeelicious with smoked salmon!
Ready? 3, 2, 1…faceplant.
- This bowl comes together super quick, so pull out all your ingredients and have them ready to go.
- Place 1 tsp oil in a small pan over medium heat. When hot, add your eggs. Leave them for about 5 minutes, until the whites are cooked through but the yolks are still runny.
- While the eggs are cooking, assemble your breakfast bowl: add in the cauliflower rice and leftover veggies, then cook them in the microwave for about a minute (you could also do this in the skillet when the eggs are done, but I’m lazy!)
- When the veggies are hot, add ¼ cup sauerkraut, then the smoked salmon to the bowl. You can cut it up into bite-sized pieces, if you like.
- When the eggs are done, add them on top! I swear, this bowl tastes best when you mix it all together.
- If desired, top with sliced avocado!