A really common request I get from readers, clients, friends, family is they need EASY, fast, delicious recipes that they can meal prep to make the week that much easier, whether they’re doing a Whole30 or just. Let me tell you – this Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken literally can’t get any simpler. Chicken + spice in the slow cooker, throw the lid on, let it go. DONE. Now that’s what I like to call #winning.
A lot of people think they can only succeed on the Whole30 (or really, any nutrition challenge) only one of two ways. Either you 1) eat the same, bland food all the time or 2) you have to make a complicated recipe for every meal.
WRONG, my friends, oh so wrong. Sure, you could definitely go one of those routes and see the results you want on a Whole30. But you would probably be SO bored with option #1 you’d never want to eat those foods again, and SO overwhelmed on option #2 that you need a break from cooking for a while. So where’s the middle ground?
Here’s how I like to think of meals: build your plate (or bowl, because bowls are the beeest) like you would do at chipotle, sweetgreen/any salad bar, or any fast casual restaurant. Pick a base + protein
+ veggies + sauces/spices + maybe some kind of dressing. On the weekends, I’ll prep the simple INGREDIENTS for these kinds of meals so that during the week, all I have to do is pick one of each category, pick a sauce or spice blend, and boom. Different meal every time, even if the main ingredients are the same!
I’ll be posting a lot of these easy meal prep recipes soon, but here’s the first one in my Whole30 Meal Prep series: The Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken!
- Pat the chicken dry. Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the thighs, sprinkle some of the seasoning on top, and then place the chicken breasts on top and spread the rest of the seasoning around.
- Pop the lid on and cook for 4.5 - 5 hours on low (4 hours for 3 lbs total, 5 hours for 6 lbs total), until cooked through and easily shredded with a fork.
Current favorite way to build this plate: my Pesto Broccoli Chicken Bowl with Ranch!
- Base: Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Protein: the Easiest Slow Cooker chicken
- Veggies: steamed broccoli + chopped tomatoes
- Sauce: Dairy-Free Pesto + Paleo Ranch!
- Extras: toasted pine nuts
Make this Chicken into Quick Meals: