Let me just combine three of my favorite foods into a dip and serve it with the start of football season. UMMMM can I get a hell yes?? Sweet potato. Bacon. Ranch. Like do I even need to say any more? You had me at hello, you little Sweet Potato Ranch Dip with Bacon. Did I mention it’s dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30-friendly too?
If only my team (NY Giants all the way baby!) could win as much as this dip this year. Or even just my fantasy football team? *le sigh*
But for real, let’s get to the recipe here. Because if you’re like me and totally ranch-obsessed (plus, hello, not even mentioning yet the sweet potatoes and bacon), you may or may not be already salivating at the mouth. Best part about this dip? It’s stupid easy to throw together, and an awesome crowd-pleaser for tailgating, watching the game at home, and impressing all your football fanatic friends (or people that just hang around for the food + drinks) whether they eat paleo/Whole30/whatever.
You have two options with this dip.
- Make it as easy as freaking possible by using Primal Kitchen Ranch, a baked sweet potato, my ranch seasoning, and crumble the bacon bits on top.
- No ranch on hand? Easy. Make my Homemade Paleo Ranch with Primal Kitchen Mayo. Sub that for the PKF ranch, and follow the same instructions for the recipe (don’t forget the homemade paleo ranch seasoning!). Bacon bits on top. Hot sauce if you get down with buffalo style.
*Announcer voice*Are you ready for some
football…Sweet Potato Ranch Dip with Bacon? Heck. Yes. Ready, go!
- ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Foods Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium/large baked sweet potato, cooled
- 1-2 slices Pederson’s Fully Cooked Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped dill or chives, for garnish
- Sliced cucumber, carrots, or peppers, for dipping
- Optional: hot sauce (or buffalo sauce)
- Peel the baked sweet potato and put it in the food processor with the ranch. Pulse until blended to a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of the ranch seasoning on top (Start with 1 Tbsp, taste, and then add more if you like!), and then pulse a few times again until the seasoning is blended in.
- Want a thinner dip? Add more ranch (duh) or a tiny bit of water (2 Tbsp at a time), until you reach your desired consistency.
- Chop the bacon into little bits. Transfer the dip to a bowl and sprinkle the bacon bits + chopped herbs on top.
- Serve with chopped raw veggies and some hot sauce, if you dare!
Feel free to sub any Pederson’s bacon here, just make sure you cook it and chop it into bacon bits before adding to the dip!
Don’t have PKF Ranch on hand? Easy. Use their Avocado Oil Mayonnaise to make my Homemade Ranch, and use that in place of the PKF ranch in the recipe.