Kyndra Holley of Peace, Love, and Low Carb is a kickass cookbook author (of FIVE books – what?!) who learned how to heal and love her body and lose weight with a combination of a low carb and intuitive keto healing diet – combined with serious mindset work that she has been doing for years.
We talk about how you have chronic stress, your body is not going to allow you to lose weight; and that stress can come from overexercising, undereating, being in a job or relationship you hate, or constant negative self-talk and hating your body – which is extremely common for many people trying to lose weight. We talk about how to get out of that cycle and how it’s extremely important to work on the mindset piece of any lifestyle change – because as Kyndra says, “if you hate yourself going in, you’re going to hate yourself coming out.”
We actually ended up talking about way less about keto and more about mindset and diets in general, cheat meals, our thoughts on IIFYM, and why people fail at dietary changes in the long term. You guys are going to love all these nuggets of knowledge!
Discussed in this episode:
- Transitioning from working in the restaurant industry to keto
- Tips on practicing intuitive keto eating vs. feeling like you *need* to stick to certain macros
- How to cultivate a sustainable mindset around dietary and lifestyle changes
- Why to not blame everything on the keto flu
- The biggest mistake people make with dietary changes
- How mental and emotional baggage can translate to physical baggage (read: WEIGHT) on your body
- People are looking for reasons why this lifestyle change won’t work for them because they don’t want to step outside of their comfort zone way of eating.
- IIFYM, intuitive keto, and chasing optimal health vs. fitting your old lifestyle into your new macros plan
- Kyndra’s thoughts on cheat meals and cheat weekends and what that does to your mindset
- When you shouldn’t recreate your old favorite treats into your new diet
Links Mentioned – Kyndra’s cookbooks:
- Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- The Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Kyndra’s recommended read: Chris Kresser’s Unconventional Medicine
Kyndra’s Blog: Peace, Love and Low Carb