I can’t believe how nuts you guys are ALREADY going over this recipe before I even posted it!! Now THAT is a sign of a really-freaking-amazing recipe. And y’all haven’t even tasted these Spaghetti Squash Fritters with Bacon & Chipotle-Lime Mayo yet!!
Holy moly, just you wait. AND I’m doing a giveaway for a $100 Mom’s Organic Market Gift Card PLUS a whole bunch of Primal Kitchen Foods Products!! See the bottom of the post for the giveaway! (update: Giveaway Closed)
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t eat these for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the couple days after I made them. And casually hoarded them to myself and didn’t share. It’s fine. Ya snooze, ya lose (or in this case, if you don’t know where the leftovers are, the cook wins!)
I’m kind of a weirdo in that I loooove walking around grocery stores and exploring what products each different store has, whether it’s in my hometown or while traveling. Ethnic markets are my freaking jam. Once I stumbled upon a hole-in-the-wall thai grocery store next to this AMAZING restaurant where I’d just eaten, and I spent about an hour looking at all the cool things in there. It’s a regular occurrence, it’s fine.
Also looove doing this at health food stores like Mom’s. I always go there to get the coolest local kombuchas, sauerkraut, and my favorite white sweet potatoes + local produce! But I get especially excited when I know they have the entire line of some of my favorite brands like Primal Kitchen Foods! Um HELLO have you had their Chipotle Lime Mayo…the freaking best. If you haven’t, you’re about to!!
The easiest way to make this recipe is with leftover spaghetti squash. But hey – if you don’t have any leftovers on hand, that’s fine too! Just pop the squash halves in the oven while you go about your merry way. Or heck, even make another recipe while this one is baking up! Efficiency for the win, people.
Use these as burger buns, sandwich ends, biscuits, savory pancakes, pop some eggs or veggies on them, heck, whatever ya want. They’re just DELICIOUS mkay.
Enter the giveaway below!
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- ½ large roasted spaghetti squash (about 4 cups)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ bunch chives, chopped - reserve some for garnish
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup cashew flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, ghee or bacon fat
- For serving: Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- (If you don’t have leftover spaghetti squash) Preheat the oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the squash in half (popping it in the microwave for a minute makes this a bit easier), and place the halves face down on the baking sheet. Cook for about 45-50 minutes, until you can easily pull the spaghetti squash threads with a fork. Give the squash 5-10 minutes to cool while you prepare the bacon.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until crispy but not burned! Set aside to cool while you make the fritter batter and take the pan off the heat.
- Mix the shallots, cashew and coconut flours, eggs, baking soda, onion and garlic powders together in a large bowl. Once the bacon is cool, chop it into bacon bits. Reserve some for topping, and toss the rest with the coconut flour mixture.
- Pull all the spaghetti squash threads out of the halves, and use about ½ of the threads to measure 4 cups of squash. Using a kitchen towel (or a lot of paper towels), squeeze the excess moisture out of the squash. Careful - it’s still hot!
- Add the squeezed squash to the coconut flour mixture and chives.
- Allow the batter to sit for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, pull out a large skillet and ¼ cup measure.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 Tbsp oil. Once it is simmering, use the ¼ cup measure to spoon fritters into the hot oil. Use the underside of the measuring cup to flatten them out a little to resemble fritters. Cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with some Chipotle-Lime Mayo, the chopped chives and bacon, plus your favorite toppings!
Don’t forget to check out the entire line of your (and my) favorite Primal Kitchen Foods products at Mom’s Organic Market! All the produce + eggs I used in this recipe are local and from Mom’s 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post is part of a sponsored collaboration with Primal Kitchen Foods and MOM’s Organic Market. All thoughts and opinions are my own!