You guys are going to LOVE this interview with Laura Ligos, MBA, RD of the Sassy Dietitian: guaranteed. Laura considers herself to be an “unconventional Registered Dietitian as I focus on real food in this fast food world!” She’s an athlete with her fair share of health struggles in her past and has learned to manage those with real food and healthy lifestyle changes. She now works not only as a Dietitian, but also a swim and crossfit coach with a passion for squashing conventional nutrition BS (can you see why we immediately became friends?).
In today’s episode we cover:
- Where the name the sassy dietitian came from
- Intermittent fasting 101: what is it? Who does it work well for, and who should avoid it?
- Intuitive eating: why it’s so hard for most people to get there, and how it doesn’t work for some people
- How you can start to head towards the direction of Intuitive Eating (hint: it’s simpler than you might think)
- The nutrition ‘expert’ epidemic
- Why it’s so important to pay attention to who you follow, trust, and take health advice from on social media.
Mentioned in this episode:
You’ll love these episodes too:
21 | Macros vs. Whole30 vs. Intuitive Eating (the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
13 | Macros 101: stop demonizing fat, carbs, and protein. Why you need them ALL to thrive.
40 | Making Peace with your Body, Food, and Healing from Autoimmune Disease with Whitney Shook