Cristina is a total a badass, a health coach, and soon-to-be nutritionist who works with women to help break the diet cycle by simplifying nutrition and reframing eating healthy as an act of self appreciation rather than guilt. She’s also the creator of the Non-Diet Tribe, and one of my great friends – we did our health coaching degrees from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition together, and we both did our Nutrition degrees at Maryland University of Integrative Health.
In this episode we’re talking about…
- What is diet culture, and the diet culture cascade?
- How the mentality of perfectionism and being on-or-off the proverbial wagon affects us constantly – and impacts every single one of our decisions AND the way we talk to or feel about ourselves.
- We also talk about how this guilt/restriction mentality this relates to other areas of our lives including exercise, food, mindfulness practices, alcohol, and even dating – that was a juicy part of the episode!
- What it’s like to date with food restrictions
- How honoring what your body needs and taking a break from exercise can be healthier than pushing through and “getting a workout in”
- How doing a Whole30 / 21 day sugar detox or some strict diet plan during the holidays is NOT a good idea
Spoiler alert – there are a lot of laughs, knowledge bombs, and random tangents in this episode.
Links Mentioned & Posts related to this episode: