Kate Brock is back on the podcast and we’re excited to share another episode talking about anxiety and nutrition, anxiety and orthorexia, Kate’s recent rhabdo incident (and how she recovered), and why she wanted to start on her Sober Curious / alcohol-free journey.
Kate has been on the podcast in two previous episodes talking about nutrition for anxiety and our 60-day experiment of cutting out coffee + alcohol and its impact on our health, so be sure to check out those episodes before this one!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Kate’s rhabdo incident from Crossfit and yoga
- Whole30 and orthorexia
- Sober curious and Kate’s sober year
- How to deal with peer pressure and being sober in alcohol-fueled social situations
- Anxiety and alcohol
- How she’s managing a short-term high stress situation (grad school finals, taxes, and moving all at once, plus working multiple jobs!)
- Supplementation (short-term!!) for anxiety: GABA, L-theanine, Reishi **look for the help of a practitioner to find specific brands and dosages that are right for you.
- What if you have battled an eating disorder in the past and have anxiety around food?
- Sugar, blood sugar dysregulation and anxiety
- Is keto good for anxiety? What about if you have a history of disordered eating and anxiety? (spoiler: NO. STAY AWAY).
- Food intolerance reactions vs. stress and anxiety
- What foods should you try to include if you’re in a state of high stress or anxiety?
Mentioned in this episode:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy for anxiety and PTSD
- Kate’s Sober Curious Year 2019
- Daily Harvest Chaga + Chocolate Latte with Reishi
- Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol, by Ruby Warrington
- Anxiety and nutrition, stress vs. general anxiety disorder and coffee talk with Kate Brock
- Listener Questions: Coffee and Anxiety, and cutting out coffee for 60 days with Kate Brock (part II)
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne, PhD
Hang out with Kate!