Today’s episode is an interview with me (yay!) and Noelle Tarr from an original airing on the Well Fed Women Podcast. We’re talking about being on the brink of adrenal fatigue and dealing with chronic stress without pushing yourself over the edge – everyone in this pandemic. We’re all on the edge of our stress buckets bubbling over, and how can we prevent that from happening? We’re chatting on – how to manage adrenal fatigue and chronic stress when you can’t eliminate the stress? Also, before we get started – if you think you’re dealing with adrenal fatigue, or just really having trouble with dealing with all the stress right now, and struggling with food, your body, and exercise – please reach out! I am taking clients during this time, offering mini sessions, an offering a sliding scale for new clients as well. Link in the show notes to learn more.
Discussed on today’s episode:
- My story with adrenal fatigue and how I got out of it
- Thinking: what got you to adrenal fatigue in the first place? That will hold the answers to getting out of adrenal fatigue for YOU.
- The role of exercise and holding on to wanting to lose weight with adrenal fatigue (or a high level of stress, like in a global pandemic!)
- What adrenal fatigue really is (hint: it’s not the adrenals getting “tired”)
- Why high intensity training is the worst kind of exercise for you during times of high stress or adrenal fatigue
- How do you know if you have adrenal fatigue?
- Where does one start to healing adrenal fatigue?
- Ways to deal with chronic stress when you can’t remove the stress itself?
- What can you do when chronic stress impacts digestion?
- Does adrenal fatigue cause sleep issues?
- How can you optimize sleep for adrenal fatigue and chronic stress?
- Pregnenolone Steal
- HPA Axis Dysregulation (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis)
- Cortisol Resistance
- Insulin Resistance
Work with Dana: Book a free 15-minute Discovery Session HERE
Hang out with Noelle Tarr on the Well Fed Women Podcast!